Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Atypical Cosmetics Ltd. via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below ( Cookies);|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;|
|GDPR||the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|Atypical Cosmetics Ltd., we or us||Atypical Cosmetics Ltd., a company incorporated in Scotland with registered number SC619210 whose registered office is at 311 Byres Road, G12 8UQ;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Atypical Cosmetics Ltd. and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Atypical Cosmetics Ltd. and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.atypicalcosmetics.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Atypical Cosmetics Ltd.is the “data controller”. This means that Atypical Cosmetics Ltd. determines the purposes for which and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- financial information such as credit/debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- skin type and skin profile information, including but not limited to information about the User’s skin sensitivities, skin type, skin goals, ingredient preferences and customisation choices;
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- Atypical Cosmetics Ltd.will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
- when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
- when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products/services;
- transmission by email or SMS of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
- customising your orders ;
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent that applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
- if you are not satisfied with our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
- We may use your Data to show you Atypical Cosmetics Ltd. adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you Atypical Cosmetics Ltd. adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed “Cookies” below).
Who we share Data with
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – to create and manage your accounts, to fulfill and manage your subscriptions and orders, to respond to your requests, questions and inquiries, to conduct internal research and development, to create your customised products ;
- third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data – to communicate with you about our products and services including products and services you may be interested in, to personalise your online experience and the advertisements you see on third-party services using your interests, preferences and purchasing history, to debug, identify errors and improve the website, to investigate and respond to security incidents;
- third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website – to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds, to process subscription payments;
- relevant authorities – to facilitate the detection of crime or the collection of taxes or duties;
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access– the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct– the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase– the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data– the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability– the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object– the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make inquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
- Data that we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. We also share information with our group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA.
- We will only transfer Data outside the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data, eg by way of data transfer agreement, incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by signing up to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, in the event that the organisation in receipt of the Data is based in the United States of America.
- To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.